Today is June 2 and would have been my sister Ashlee’s 25th birthday.
Let’s all take a moment to remember the amazing and beautiful person she was and spirit that she is:
Sadly she lost her battle with ocular melanoma almost 2 years ago (if you don’t know the story you can catch up here.) So without further ado here are 25 things I wish I could tell my little sister on her 25th birthday.
1. I love you.
2. Happy Birthday.
3. Let’s FaceTime. And do a shot for your birthday while we do!
4. Mom Mom Thomas needs an Ipad so we can all FaceTime. Next house I sell consider it done.
5. 3 Words: White Wine Spritzers
6. I wish I had more time with you.
7. Orioles are in 3rd place, don’t worry, it’s not even the All-Star break yet, plenty of time to take 1st.
8. I need your address, I’m sending you a bag of these Herr’s Old Bay Cheese curls because they are the shiznittlebamlickin.
9. I’m poor and thinking of selling my beanie baby collection, how much do you think I should ask for the whole lot? Bears and tag protectors included
10. Speaking of which, you’re 25 now, want me to sell yours too while I’m at it?
11. Just finished a new book, Luckiest Girl Alive, you should download it on your kindle asap.
12. I’m going to Maryland this weekend for Kate’s wedding and you better bohlieve I’m getting a Skylite Snowball w/ marshmallow topping.
13. Taco Bell is reopening in Key West; hollerrrrrrr, cheesy fiesta potatoes for errryone!
14. My favorite coffee shop, Southernmost Coffee Tea House now sells Taylor Pork Roll breakfast sandwiches. Hiyoooo
15. I never thought it was possible but my roommate almost drinks as much milk as you do.
16. Can you teach me how to twitter? Or tweet? Or whatever the hell it’s called…
17. Also, can you give me a winged eyeliner tutorial?
18. Have you talked to Dad?
19. There’s a photo challenge at the gym to send Coach Jess your best strict press or gym strain face, I bet you would win.
20. Word to the wise: don’t lose your car or wallet like I did on my 25th birthday.
21. This is going to be the best year of your life!
22. Dairy Queen has a Rolo Blizzard. Just FYI.
23. I can’t wait to see you.
24. Worrying is like a rocking chair, you can do it all day and it won’t get you anywhere.
25. I already prepaid your bar tab for tonight, have a great time celebrating, call me later…